Monday, August 23, 2004

Weekend Update: Yolo County Fair and Humboldt

Thursday night I worked at the Yolo County Fair at the YEEP booth. I actually had a lot of fun because I got to spend some time with one of my favorite coworkers who is going to LA next week for a “real” job. We even packed up the booth early to explore the fair. I think I’m getting really good at developing crushes on a guys who are taken and then hiding my true feelings. Well at least I will have something to remember him by, we both milked a cow named Cutie Pie. Now I can cross milking a cow off of my list of things to do in life.

Friday night my mom came to town and I made a huge sacrifice to make her stay in Davis more comfortable: my bed. As most of you may know, I have a huge emotional attachment to my bed, I don’t give it up to or share it with very many people. For those of you who have managed one of the two- congratulations. Anyway, on Saturday morning we woke up early (by my standards) and started the trek to Humboldt. I must say, 299 is my least favorite highway. Being on a windy road for more than two hours should be illegal. I think next time we will avoid that and take 101 even though it is a longer drive. Once we made it up to HSU we visited my brother’s tiny dorm room and met his roommate who was eating chips and watching Half Baked. (Sober, or not? That is the question.) However, he stood up and shook my hand so that is like 100 points in my book. After a nice shopping tour of Eureka to gather dorm provisions for my bro, we ate dinner at our hotel and watched the Olympics. Random ADD moment: I have to confess; I am rather addicted to the Olympics. I have never been so patriotic in my life. I think I worried Andre the other night with all my Olympic knowledge as we were watching the women’s all around gymnastics finals. I even knew the winner beforehand…no thanks to NPR. Back to Humboldt: Gorgeous area, cool people, good school. Only time will tell how well my brother does in that environment. Let’s hope he stays on the right (or right enough) track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home