Friday, August 06, 2004

Reports from the 'no

This is my third post today, a new record. It does make sense though, I am in Fresno. When I am home I am either really bored or extremely overstimulated and generally pissed off. Therefore, I need to write and vent a lot. I just had lunch and coffee with my friend Marshall. He is the artsy/director type and I love hanging out with him because he is different then all of you academia/political types that I generally hang out with. And he is just a cool guy in general. Having a conversation with him and his friends keeps me on my toes. Not to mention they are witty as Hell and always provide good conversation. With one of his friends the conversation jumped from "God hates fags" to "Go back to your side of town." This last comment was directed at some trendy/ditzy types who were making a big scene as they tried to cross the street. Now this comment shocked me in several ways. First, I am from the side of town he was referring to. When I called him out on it, he apologized and said I was cool. Maybe next time I am here I can learn the secret handshake to be part of the tower district scene. Second, as someone who did often visit the tower district from the other side of town, I always wondered if they could tell I din't belong and secretly sneered. It's like that local/visitor battle thing that always happens in cultured places like Santa Cruz. His comment verified my fear that I will never fit in. I'll always be that girl from the other side of town. Curse my suburban upbringing!

Okay well I am off to temple and then to get funky at the 40 Watt Hype show with Sarah. "Get your boogie shoes.... "

PS- What is with me and 26 year olds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home