Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Start of the Summer

I finally did it. I registered for a painting class with the Craft Center today. I am always looking for ways to keep my hands occupied, and I'm glad that I will finally be able to get out some of my artistic side and learn some new painting skills. I wish I had more time to take more of these types of classes. It would be great to learn how to do real things, like sew or knit or make furniture or something. I feel like at school I learn a lot, but I don't actually know how to do anything. I need to learn more real skills, like how to grow food and make things. It is so sad that in an advanced society, most people can't make or create things on their own.

Today was also my first day working both jobs this summer. Boy am I in for a real treat. I think I might be working a little more than I had planned on this summer, but considering I'm making $10/hour at both jobs, I don't really have much room to complain. And practically anything is better than essays and exams.

This afternoon I showed up to my first job at 1:00, and of course, Rich was late. I worked there until like 3:30, took a quick trip home and ran over to the YEEP office. We canvassed tonight at a mobile home park in Woodland. I was a little nervous about the evening, it is weird to do the door to door thing, but we signed up 9 people for free evaporative coolers, which is definitely a big success. At least I'm getting behind a cause I really believe in. It is cool to see all the people excited about getting these coolers that will save them money and keep them cooler. And of course, saving energy and the environment! :) But the best part of the night was definitely hanging out with my coworkers. We managed to do a lot of joking around it made the job a lot more entertaining. YEEP YEEP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home